Dr Sagnik Mukherjee, Kolkata Psychiatrist explains OCD.
1. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder produces repeated images as well as thoughts on many different things, like fear of germs or contamination or dirt, being attacked by intruders; fear of violence, unknowingly hurting close people, sexual acts or being overly tidy. It is a mental anxiety disorder
2. Famous personalities like Daniel Radcliffe, Cameron Diaz, Leonardo DiCaprio, Megan Fox and Justin Timberlake have OCD, so it is not a class or mass thing, it is a people thing.
3. In India 1 in 10 adults has OCD
4. WHO says OCD widespread in developed countries than developing countries
5. OCD symptoms are divided into two categories, one is obsessions like recurrent and persistent thoughts, urges, or impulses and two is compulsions like repetitive behaviours or mental acts that the individual feels driven to perform in response to an obsession.
6. Many think that OCD is not treatable but Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and medication are two ways of treating OCD.
7. OCD is not a woman thing, OCD may affect men and women equally.
OCD is not an enjoyable problem, it destroys normal lifestyle, social acceptance as well as career, education and impacts most of us badly. Help yourself and others with OCD to lead a normal life by contacting the best psychiatrist Kolkata.
Dr. Sagnik Mukherjee (MBBS; MD; MIPS; MIAPP) is a professional consultant psychiatrist in Kolkata. He is experienced and has been practising psychiatry for the last 10 years. Dr. Sagnik is one of the most trusted mental health doctors. His areas of interest are adult psychiatry, geriatric psychiatry, child psychiatry, depression, anxiety, and relationship issues He has been invited to speak on social issues on TV numerous times. He accepts every patient, providing them adequate time and helping them overcome challenges. He offers excellent psychiatric service and expert guidance related to mental health. Dr. Sagnik offers solutions without any side effects. The patient will be able to receive effective therapy within a short period of time.