Dr Sagnik Mukherjee, Kolkata Psychiatrist explains OCD.
1. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder produces repeated images as well as thoughts on many different things, like fear of germs or contamination or dirt, being attacked by intruders; fear of violence, unknowingly hurting close people, sexual acts or being overly tidy. It is a mental anxiety disorder
2. Famous personalities like Daniel Radcliffe, Cameron Diaz, Leonardo DiCaprio, Megan Fox and Justin Timberlake have OCD, so it is not a class or mass thing, it is a people thing.
3. In India 1 in 10 adults has OCD
4. WHO says OCD widespread in developed countries than developing countries
5. OCD symptoms are divided into two categories, one is obsessions like recurrent and persistent thoughts, urges, or impulses and two is compulsions like repetitive behaviours or mental acts that the individual feels driven to perform in response to an obsession.
6. Many think that OCD is not treatable but Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and medication are two ways of treating OCD.
7. OCD is not a woman thing, OCD may affect men and women equally.
OCD is not an enjoyable problem, it destroys normal lifestyle, social acceptance as well as career, education and impacts most of us badly. Help yourself and others with OCD to lead a normal life by contacting the best psychiatrist Kolkata.
Mental Health Research Centre (MHRC) is a psychiatric clinic in Jodhpur Gardens, Kolkata with a team of qualified psychiatrists and psychologists. It is been run by Dr Sagnik Mukherjee (MBBS; MD; MIPS; MIAPP) the best psychiatrist in Kolkata. Dr Sagnik and his team do psycho-diagnostic tests and also give effective treatment for most types of mental conditions, for all ages. Dr Sagnik Mukherjee is a Consultant Psychiatrist and de-addiction specialist, practising in MHRC with over a decade of experience in the field of mental health. He has attended multiple national and international conferences on psychiatry & related topics besides delivering lectures & appearing on TV. His area of interest is geriatric mental problems, and child psychiatry. To book an appointment visit 164/A2 Prince Anwar Shah Road Lake Gardens City 700045 or please call 9831 313 020.