Professional Psychiatry Clinic in Kolkata
Mental Health Disorders or as we call them Mental Illness is actually a very wide province of mental health conditions, that affect someone’s behavior, mood, as well as thinking. Some common examples of mental health illnesses are depression, phobia, anxiety, eating disorder etc.
Many of us suffer silently from mental health conditions time time, due to stressful lifestyle, professional, relational anxiety, genetically inherited problems etc. The cure depends on how conditions were treated or handled by the psychiatrist. When we keep ignoring initial symptoms problems become serious illness.
Effective Treatment of Mental Health Conditions Mentioned Below Book Your Appointment, Call: 98313-13020
Dr. Sagnik Mukherjee
Dr. Sagnik Mukherjee (MBBS; MD; MIPS; MIAPP) is one of the best consultant psychiatrist in Kolkata who is practicing psychiatry in Kolkata for the last 10 years. He finished his MBBS from Chittaranjan Hospital in Kolkata and did his MD psychiatry.
His area of interest is adult psychiatry, geriatric psychiatry. child psychiatry, depression, and anxiety-related disorder and relationship issues. Psychiatrist Dr. Sankar Prasad Mukherjee (MBBS, MSc Psychology, DPM, FIPS) and Dr. Sila Mukherjee (MBBS; DPM; FIPS) are his parents.
When To See A Psychiatrist And What To Expect
No Health without Mental Health
If you feel due to some psychological issues or behavioural problems your biological ( sleep, appetite, self-care) social (relationships with different people around you) occupational (performance in school, college, office) functions are disturbed then you may be benefited by psychiatric consultation.
Some patients may also be referred by house physicians and other specialists. A psychiatrist is an expert who assesses, diagnose and treat psychological conditions and mental disorders. As the best psychiatrist in Kolkata, Dr. Sagnik Mukherjee has to evaluate if the presenting symptoms are due to psychological reasons only or consequence of a medical illness or both. In order to do this, he has to:
1) Take a thorough and comprehensive history from the patient as well as the patient’s family members and friends. At times, patients may feel difficult to open up but experienced and reassuring psychiatrist
Dr. Sagnik Mulherjee, guide you through the interview and put you at ease. You can also bring someone you trust.
2) Conduct a through mental state examination by observing the patient’s behavior, thoughts and emotions.
3) Perform a physical examination on the patient to look for possible medical causes if necessary.
4) May refer to psychologist colleagues for Psychometry (psychological testing).
5) Ascertain if any blood investigations, radiological investigations like CT or MRI brain or EEG is necessary to exclude any medical condition or comorbidities.
A psychiatrist can prescribe medication to treat the condition or may also make use of various forms of psychotherapy/talk therapy to help the patients or refer them to his psychologist colleagues. Usually, Consultation lasts for 30 to 45 minutes. Some patients may require up to an hour.
15 Habits that Make Anxiety Worse
1. LACK OF SLEEP Sleep has a direct impact on you physically, emotionally, and mentally, and if you already suffer…
Surprising Physical Symptoms of...
Because bipolar disorder is considered a mental illness — most people focus on how mentally taxing the ups and downs…
Unusual Things You Do Because Of ...
1. You Always Imagine The Worst Outcomes And Start Panicking 2. You Run Away From Social Gatherings To Avoid Being…