Psychiatrist in Kolkata
Dr. Sagnik Mukherjee is a highly-regarded professional psychiatrist in Kolkata, India. His journey to becoming one of the best Kolkata psychiatrists started when he graduated from Calcutta National Medical College with an MBBS degree in 2008. He then completed his MD in Psychiatry from SVS Medical College, Hyderabad in 2012.
Dr. Sagnik Mukherjee excels in treating mental illnesses like psychiatric disorders, bipolar disorders, mental disorders, behavioral disorders, personality disorders, and depressive disorders. He calmly listens to patients and ensures they successfully overcome anxiety disorders, cognitive disorders, compulsive disorders, mood disorders, panic disorders, violent patients, drug abuse disorders, and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) related conditions.
Dr. Sagnik Mukherjee is a much sought-after speaker on TV shows by virtue of being a member of the Indian Association of Private Psychiatry and the Indian Psychiatric Society. Patients can call 98313-13020 and book a Psychiatric consulting appointment or visit Dr. Sagnik’s clinic located at 19x/1 Dum Dum Road in Kolkata for mental illness treatment.
Dr. Sagnik Mukherjee - Best Psychiatrist in Kolkata!
Dr. Sagnik Mukherjee has worked as a Consultant Psychiatrist in KPC Medical College & Hospital ( 2013 – 2014) and was an active psychiatrist in Marwari Relief Society Hospital and Iris Hospital from 2014- 2017. Previously he has also worked at Chittaranjan Hospital and SVS Medical College and Hospital. He is currently practising at the Mental Health Research Centre in Prince Anwar Shah Road Lake Gardens, Kolkata, and the Dum Dum Road, Kolkata.
Dr. Sagnik Mukherjee is registered under West Bengal Medical Council and his registration number is 64397.
On account of being a renowned psychiatrist in West Bengal, he is often invited on Television shows to share his expertise in the field of psychiatry. Dr. Sagnik Mukherjee has attended many National and International Seminars and enlightened other physicians and psychiatrists with his knowledge and experience.
Why Consult Dr. Sagnik Mukherjee?
Situated at a prime location in Kolkata, Dr. Mukherjee’s clinic offers services like mental wellness consultation, follow-ups, and second opinion assessments. The medical history of all the patients is well-protected and psychiatric treatments are carried out with extreme care.
His clinic is open on all days to help the students and working professionals get the best possible advice and begin their journey to mental wellness.
Dr. Mukherjee listens to your problems, understands them clearly, and provides the best possible treatment.
Patients are treated by therapeutic methods that help them to defeat their problems. We help the patients to regain their mental wellness as quickly as possible.
Our Psychiatry Services
Dr. Sagnik Mukherjee understands that poor mental health is generally associated with socio-economic stress, social changes, unhealthy lifestyle, and psychological factors. Mental illness affects the entire society and is not limited to a small segment.
At Dr. Sagnik Mukherjee’s Clinic, his expertise and wide knowledge in diagnosing psychiatric conditions and treatment of mental disorders are widely appreciated by his Indian patients. He examines the patient’s history, signs, and symptoms as part of his thorough diagnosis and treatment plans.
What is General Psychiatry?
General psychiatry is a biopsychological approach to health and illness in adults. It deals with the treatment and management of adults with mental problems. Dr. Sagnik Mukherjee is a neuropsychiatrist who diagnoses, treats, and prevents the disorders from becoming worse through the use of medication, psychotherapy, and neuromodulation.
General psychiatry deals with mental illness. The common mental health disorders treated by the doctor are:
- Anxiety Problems
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Panic Attack
By developing a therapeutic alliance with the patients and their families, Dr. Sagnik Mukherjee creates a nurturing and care pathway for mental well-being.
Why pay early attention to Childrens' Psychiatric Problems?
The lack of attention to mental health in children and adolescents may lead them down a darker path, where they’re not able to find happiness or success. This ultimately harms society as well. Symptoms of mental illness vary depending on the type, but some of the common symptoms are:
- Attention deficit disorder (ADD) or Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Mental retardation (low IQ)
- Autism or pervasive developmental disorder
- Behavioral issues
- Difficult-to-manage child
- Mobile addiction
The causes of mental illness are not known exactly but they are related to social, environmental, and physical factors. Consult Dr. Sagnik Mukherjee for a new life for your children
Why you need to fix Sexual Addiction Problems?
Sexual problems are prevalent in psychiatric patients. Reduced libido and dissatisfaction in sexual activity lead to depressive disorders. The psychiatric diseases associated with sexual problems are schizophrenia, depression disorder, anxiety disorder, bipolar disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorders, and eating disorders.
If you have any one of the following sexual dysfunction, consult Dr. Sagnik Mukherjee.
- Early ejaculation
- Erectile dysfunction
- Low sexual desire (low libido)
- Sexual anxiety
When to meet a Psychiatrist and What to expect?
Conflict, stress, grief, and sadness are common in everyone’s life. We need to manage them efficiently. When people fail to manage them, it leads to different forms of mental disorders. Mental disorders are treatable and there are solutions for a better life. Consult a reputed psychiatrist at the earliest and regain your mental health.
The change in behavioural patterns is associated with biological, social, and occupational disturbances. Behavioural disorders affect the person and society. In such cases, consulting a psychiatrist can help you overcome the problem.
Psychiatrist Evaluation Tool
Our diagnostic tests check the problems associated with memory, processes, and behaviour patterns in the patients. The first step in the evaluation is interviewing the patient and his or her friends.
- A comprehensive history of the patient and family members and friends. Sometimes, patients find it difficult to open their minds. In such instances, we will talk to their immediate family members and friends.
- The second step is the evaluation of the mental state of the patients. Mood and emotional expression, thinking, perception, awareness, memory, concentration, and attitude are some of the evaluation factors.
- Physical examination of the patient is the most important part of the evaluation. Some mental disorders are directly related to the physical state of the patients.
- After a psychiatric evaluation, a psychological evaluation is carried out if necessary for some patients. Psychological testing or psychometry helps to get a big picture of the patient’s attitude, thoughts, emotions, and behaviour.
- Medical examinations like blood and urine tests are advised for some patients. It will reveal the level of hormones, electrolytes, and vitamins in the body. Drug abuse or recent alcohol intake are also checked if necessary.
- If we suspect any neurological problems, we may ask for brain scans like:
- Computed tomography (CT) scan.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan.
- Electroencephalograms (EEG).
The psychiatric evaluation and psychological tests help in the diagnosis of the problem and guide the personalised treatment plan.
The prognosis and the treatment plan are discussed with the patient. Most medical disorders require an ongoing treatment similar to chronic illness. The details of the treatment are shared with the patients. Usually, consultation lasts for 30-45 minutes. Some patients may require up to an hour of consulting time.
Latest Psychiatry Blogs
15 Habits that Make Anxiety Worse
1. LACK OF SLEEP Sleep has a direct impact on you physically, emotionally, and mentally, and if you already suffer…
Surprising Physical Symptoms of...
Because bipolar disorder is considered a mental illness — most people focus on how mentally taxing the ups and downs…
Unusual Things You Do Because Of ...
1. You Always Imagine The Worst Outcomes And Start Panicking 2. You Run Away From Social Gatherings To Avoid Being…