Because bipolar disorder is considered a mental illness — most people focus on how mentally taxing the ups and downs of manic and depressive episodes can be. It may also be common for people to talk about the signs and symptoms, and not what it actually feels like to go through them.
1. “Memory loss. I’ve done things during a manic episode that I don’t remember later
2. Akathisia or A feeling of muscle quivering
3. Not being able to sleep when in hypomania and not get enough sleep when depressed
4. Energy levels shift really dramatically
6. Mind going a million miles per hour but your body is so exhausted
7. Physical irritability like brain painfully pulsing against the skull, heart randomly starts pounding faster
8. Getting get muscle cramps because of staying tensed up all the time
9. Not be able to talk
10. Weird buzzing feeling all over my body
People with bipolar disorder experience typical bipolar disorder symptoms such as heavy mood swings, huge changes in energy level, activity level, and experience difficulty carrying out daily tasks. Mood shifts occur in a range of a few times a day to a few times a year. The severity and/or disruptive nature of the bipolar disorder symptoms make it difficult for people with bipolar disorder to maintain healthy relationships or keep jobs for longer periods of time. Consult Dr Sagnik Mukherjee, Kolkata psychiatrist if you have symptoms of Bipolar Disorder.
Mental Health Research Centre (MHRC) is a psychiatric clinic in Jodhpur Gardens, Kolkata with a team of qualified psychiatrists and psychologists. It is been run by Dr Sagnik Mukherjee (MBBS; MD; MIPS; MIAPP) the best psychiatrist in Kolkata. Dr Sagnik and his team do psycho-diagnostic tests and also give effective treatment for most types of mental conditions, for all ages. Dr Sagnik Mukherjee is a Consultant Psychiatrist and de-addiction specialist, practising in MHRC with over a decade of experience in the field of mental health. He has attended multiple national and international conferences on psychiatry & related topics besides delivering lectures & appearing on TV. His area of interest is geriatric mental problems, and child psychiatry. To book an appointment visit 164/A2 Prince Anwar Shah Road Lake Gardens City 700045 or please call 9831 313 020.