1. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder produces repeated images as well as thoughts on many different things, like fear of germs or contamination or dirt, being attacked by intruders; fear of violence, unknowingly hurting close people, sexual acts or being overly tidy. Basically it is a mental anxiety disorder
2. Famous personalities like Daniel Radcliffe, Cameron Diaz, Leonardo DiCaprio, Megan Fox and Justin Timberlake have OCD, so it is not a class or mass thing, it is a people thing.
3. In India 1 in 10 adults has OCD
4. WHO says OCD widespread in developed countries than developing countries
5. OCD symptoms are divided into two categories, one is obsessions like recurrent and persistent thoughts, urges, or impulses, and two is compulsions like repetitive behaviors or mental acts that the individual feels driven to perform in response to an obsession.
6. Many think that OCD is not treatable but Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and medication are two ways of treating OCD.
7. OCD is not a woman thing, OCD may affect men and women equally.
OCD is not an enjoyable problem, it destroys normal lifestyle, social acceptance as well as career, education and impacts most of us badly. Help yourself and others with OCD to lead a normal life by contacting a psychiatrist near by.